Abbotsford Airport Authority members are appointed by City Council and are brand ambassadors for the Airport in support of business and economic development in the City, the region, and greater business community. Bylaw No. 2527-2016 has been established for the Airport Authority as a select committee of Council.
Abbotsford International Airport will be recognized as a competitive gateway for the region, and promote high quality economic growth and development.
The purpose of the Abbotsford International Airport is to manage, operate and develop this essential element of infrastructure in a businesslike way that supports economic activity in the Fraser Valley and creates employment opportunities for the region.
The Abbotsford International Airport's organizational goals encompass the commitment:
- To good governance
- To conduct our activities with integrity and transparency and meet the expectations of partners, tenants and stakeholders; and
- To be a customer-focused, low-cost and efficient alternative for residents and visitors to the Fraser Valley.
- Be a major passenger facility serving the Fraser Valley;
- Increase charter service to international destinations;
- Pursue aviation and aerospace opportunities which contribute to the long-term success of the airport and the region;
- Develop productive relationships with current and prospective tenants;
- Develop the airport property in a way that is consistent and supportive of the City/Regional plan;
- Prudently use aviation lands for other uses on an interim basis; and
- Be a low cost, customer-focused service provider.